- A simple and robust instrument for rapid in-situ measurement of the structural properties of road pavements
- Provides fast and efficient method of obtaining information
- For continuous measurements up to a depth of 800 mm and 1,200 mm with the extension rod.
- Portable and can be accommodated in a carrying case
- A typical test takes only a few minutes and the instrument therefore, provides a very efficient method of obtaining information which would normally require test-pits. Correlations have been established between measurements with DCP and California Bearing Ration (CBR) so that the results can be interpreted and compared with CBR specifications for pavement design. Agreement is generally good over most of the range but differences are apparent at low values of CBR, especially for fine grained materials. It incorporates a 8 Kg weight dropping through a height of 575 mm and a 60 deg. cone having a diameter of 20 mm. It is supplied complete with assembly tools and weighs 20 Kg approx.
The DCP needs three operators, one to hold the instrument, other to raise and drop the weight and a technician to record the results. The instrument is held vertically and the weight carefully raised to the handle limit and then allowed to fall onto the anvil.
The equipment consist of the following replaceable parts:
Top and Bottom Rod
60 deg. Cone
There are no reviews yet.